UPDATE: Now this info is official and you can find public statement on swift.com. One alternative which SWIFT mentioned is Blogging:Wordpress. I think they mean us 🙂 !!
According Information report IR633 called Project Focus – review of product portfolio from SWIFT’s Board papers swiftcommunity.net project will be decommisioned and few other products as well. Read more in article..
If you visit swiftcommunity forum, you will notice it is dying. Maybe someone thought that without push it will live and grow. But still somethimes you can find interesting information there. I believe that this is just part of SWIFT refocus on new strategy which in short is about “Focus on what is your core business”. So other activities which has no direct impact on FIN messagings etc will be closed. Hopefuly it is not some kind of evil activity to supress possibility to openly ask questions in SWIFT community.
For our community in swiftexperts.com this might be breakthrough. We might get more interest and more members. Fortunately here we do not have any limitations in opinions except IPRs (Intelectual Property Rights).
So how about other products which will be cancelled. Check attached picture,
I also add some summary what Board papers contains. Unfortunately I do not ahve an access to them. If someone have it, please contact me. I’m interested in few of those.
Executive reports (ER) and Board papers (BP)
– SWIFT User Admission and Termination process (ER 1119)
– Composition of Advisory Groups (BP 1142)
– Enhancing reference data accuracy using contained FIN message extraction (DP 179)
– BIC update (DP 180)
– CEO report (IR 632)
– Project Focus – review of product portfolio (IR 633)
– SWIFT2015 Refocused (IR 634)
– Status MT/MX migration programme (IR 635)
– Further enhancing the roles of the National Member and User Groups as ambassadors in the SWIFT community (IR 636)
– Banking and Payments Quarterly review (IR 628)
– Securities and Treasury Quarterly Review (IR 630)
– Operational Performance Report (IR 631)
– Standards Quarterly Review (IR 629)